Camlica Mosque, Istanbul
The Most Modern Complex in Turkey, Çamlıca Mosque:
Turkey’s largest and newest mosque was officially inaugurated in May 2019 by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. In Turkish written as Çamlıca while in English as Camlica. Construction of this famous complex “Camlica Mosque” was began in 2013 and has a capacity of 63,000 worshippers. Let us give you some of the main structural insights about this famous complex.
- Having a combination of Ottoman and Seljuk architectural style, the gigantic mosque on Istanbul’s Asian side is now one of the symbols of the city.
- The structure has many nods to the city and country. It sports six minarets representing six key aspects of Islamic belief including the belief in one God, the prophets, angels, revealed books, the day of judgment and divine decree.
- Four of the minarets stand 107.1 meters (352 feet) tall, an acknowledgment to the Seljuk Turks’ victory in eastern Turkey at Manzikert in 1071 against the Byzantine army which opened Anatolia to Turkish settlement.
- The central dome hangs 72 meters (236 feet) above the ground, representing the 72 nations living in the city. The second dome, with a diameter of 34 meters (112 feet) — Istanbul’s official license number.
- Sixteen names of Allah are inscribed on the inner walls of the dome, symbolizing the number of states founded by Turks throughout history.
- And a three-piece finial sits on the main dome, weighing 4.5 tons at a height of 7.77 meters (25 feet) it is the largest of its kind in Turkey.
- Camlica Mosque Complex has indoor parking available for 3,500 vehicles. The previous Turkish record holder incapacity was a mosque in the southern province of Adana.
- Opened in 1998, Sabanci Central Mosque can host 28,500 worshippers and was built jointly by Turkish Religious Foundation and Sabanci Foundation.
- The mosque received its name from a famous wealthy Turkish family, Sabanci. Sabanci Holding, an industrial and financial conglomerate, has been doing business in finance, energy, cement, retail and industries.
We appreciate your time for reading this post and you can also check for the “Famous Bazaars of Istanbul“. Don’t forget to follow our social media to get latest updates about Turkish Real Estate Market.
If there is anything, Inhouse Global can do to make your experience for
Buying Real Estate in Turkey more awesome
Let us know!
We love hearing from you.