Turkish Citizenship by Investment
Why foreigners prefer Turkish Nationality and how Turkey give foreigners chance to get the citizenship by investment.
The stability that Turkey is experiencing plays an important role in order to become a security center for which all citizens who did not find such security and stability in their country aspire, as their country lacks stability in which it guarantees a decent life. Apart from Turkey’s economic strength, it has become a haven for investors from all countries of the world.
Lets see how a foreigner can get a Citizenship of turkey by investment.
How foreigners can get Turkish Citizenship by Investment?
Turkey grants Citizenship to foreign on bases of investment in 2 ways:
A- If a investor buys property worth more than $400,000 and keeps it for atleast 3 years before reselling.
B- Fixed investment in Turkey for at least $500,000.
Steps to get Turkish Nationality by buying a $400,000 property:
- One or more real estate properties can be bought, but the total worth must be $400,000, equivalent in other currencies. Following conditions must be considered:
- Transfer from investor personal bank account, not from a joint or corporate account.
- Property bought must be from a Turkish citizen or a Turkish Company.
- The reason for the transfer must be written for the purchase of the property’s (Project Name, number, code). For Turkish nationality, you must keep a copy of the transfer to attach to the file.
- Real Estate Assessment must be 100% compliant and from a government-recognized company.
- A municipal application is submitted as “appropriate to nationality” on behalf of the landlord.
The registration of the Title Deed and Expenses matching $400,000 payment in Turkish lira, calculated as follows:
A- The rate of exchange shall be calculated on the day of the entry of the amount to the owner’s account at the central bank’s exchange rate and if the amount is reached after a holiday then its calculated according to the last working day’s exchange rate.
B: Registering the real estate price on Title Deed according to the central bank’s exchange rate on the day of the extraction of Title Deed.
- A family statement, endorsed by the foreign ministry, translated and certified by the Notary.
- Birth Certificate of each child under the age of 18, attested by the foreign ministry, translated in Turkish and be Notarized.
- Marriage contract should be attested by the foreign ministry, translated in Turkish and be Notarized.
- Criminal record certificate.
- Six personal photos with white background.
- A power of attorney from the wife authorizing the husband to present the wife’s papers for nationality.
All papers are submitted through government centers and are then sent to Ankara during a period when approval is obtained, the property or real estate is reserved for three years and through seven stages at each stage is held by the government or security body responsible for them Send a text message at each stage of the government-defined period from 3 to 6 months.
Fees for the application are calculated based on the passport country. New Turkish ID and passports are sent via the government mail (PTT) to the address registered in the personal status department.
Don’t forget to follow our social media to get latest updates about Turkish Real Estate Market.
If there is anything, Inhouse Global can do to make your experience for
Buying Real Estate in Turkey more awesome
Let us know!
We love hearing from you.